At 10:45 pm ET the United States House of Representatives passed HR3590, historic legislation supporting health care reform with more than the necessary 215 votes required.
The final total vote tally 219-212 DOES reflect the will of the people.
- YEA – Democratic 219
- NAY – 34 Democratic, 178 Republican
Fairfax County Young Democrats
Friday, March 19, 2010 8:00 pm
Hosted by Carson Evans (6209 Edison Drive, Alexandria, VA 22310; map: http://tinyurl.com/evans-home). Come join your fellow Young Democrats for an evening of enjoyment and relaxation. Don’t worry, this is not a fundraiser and there will be no volunteer signup sheets, we promise.
The Democratic Party of Virginia is excited to announce that we have expanded our Jefferson-Jackson Weekend this year. During the weekend, Democrats from across the commonwealth will gather to build for Virginia’s future in 2010 and beyond.
“Building for Virginia’s Future”
2010 Jefferson-Jackson Dinner
Saturday, March 20th
Greater Richmond Convention Center (403 N 3rd St, Richmond, VA 23219; map, click here)
Click here to find all of the important information for the Jefferson-Jackson weekend as well as purchase your tickets. This year we are excited to offer new events, such as the Chairman’s Reception on Friday night, as well as a full day of Grassroots and Candidate Training on Sunday. We look forward to seeing you in Richmond.
- Tickets and Sponsorships
- Weekend Schedule of Events
- Grassroots and Candidate Trainings
- Directions and Parking
- Hotel and Shuttle Information
- Registration and Important Information
Tickets for the event are on sale now. Table sponsorships are also available for the event. Interested parties should contact David Mills ( 804-644-1966, x260 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
JJ Weekend 2010 Schedule
- Friday, March 19, 2010
- 7:30pm: DPVA Steering Committee Meeting (Richmond Marriott)
- 9:00pm: DPVA Welcome Reception Hosted by Chairman Cranwell (Richmond Marriott)
- Saturday, March 20, 2010
- 8:00am: Women’s Caucus Breakfast, tickets / details, click here (Richmond Hilton Garden Inn)
- 10:00am: DPVA Central Committee Meeting (Richmond Convention Center)
- 12:30pm: DPVA Grassroots Awards Luncheon (Richmond Convention Center)
- 6:00pm: Jefferson-Jackson General Reception (Greater Richmond Convention Center)
- 7:00pm: Jefferson-Jackson Dinner Begins (Richmond Convention Center – Exhibit Hall A)
- Sunday, March 21, 2010
- 10:00am: DPVA Grassroots and Candidate Training Session 1 (Richmond Marriott)
- 11:30am: Breakout Groups (Richmond Marriott)
- 12:30pm: Lunch Break
- 2:30pm: DPVA Grassroots and Candidate Training Session 2 (Richmond Marriott)
- 4:30pm: DPVA Grassroots and Candidate Training Concludes
Please note – this is a tentative schedule. As event details are finalized, we will be adding them to this schedule, so please check back for the most up to date information about the JJ Weekend 2010.