HOUSE JOINT RESOLUTION NO. 698
Offered January 17, 2011, bill information / history
Celebrating the life of Sidney Boyd Savage
Patrons– Kory, Brink, Bulova, Dance, Ebbin, Englin, Filler-Corn, Herring, Keam, Marshall, D.W., Merricks, Miller, P.J., Plum, Pollard, Scott, J.M., Sickles, Surovell, Toscano and Watts; Senators: Barker, Colgan, Houck, Howell, Marsden, Petersen, Saslaw, Ticer, and Whipple
Continue reading Celebrating the Life of Sidney Boyd Savage
Since Gerry’s first run for Providence District Supervisor in 1995, he has hosted an annual St. Patrick’s Day Fete. The event has grown from a small gathering of friends at his home, to one of the highlights of the Democratic political season. You don’t have to be Irish to celebrate this Green-Letter Day!
Congressman Gerry Connolly’s 17th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Fete
Wednesday, March 17, 2011
7:00 PM – 9:30 PM
9001 Arlington Boulevard
Fairfax, VA 22031
Tickets start at $40 each. Click here to purchase tickets. For questions or to RSVP and pay at the door, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
TO PURCHASE TICKETS FOR EVENTS CLICK HERE
This is the largest DPVA fundraiser of the year and your attendance goes a long way in ensuring we have a successful 2011. Thank you for your support of the Democratic Party of Virginia.
Jefferson Jackson Weekend Schedule
- Friday, February 18, 2010
- Saturday, February 19, 2010
- 8:15 AM Women’s Caucus Breakfast ($60); Hilton Garden Inn
- 8:30 AM Virginia Association of Democratic Chairs Meeting (Chairs Only); Richmond Convention Center
- 10 AM-2PM DPVA “Values in Action” Blood Drive (Free); Richmond Convention Center
- 10:00 AM DPVA Central Committee Meeting (Free); Richmond Convention Center
- 12:00 PM DPVA Grassroots Awards Luncheon ($25); Richmond Convention Center
- 2:00 PM Celebration of Black History Month – Highlights & Self Tour of Richmond; Historical Landmarks, Presented by the Democratic Black Caucus of Virginia; Richmond Convention Center
- 3:00 PM Redistricting Presentation, Richmond Convention Center (Free)
- 6:00 PM Jefferson-Jackson Receptions Begin; Richmond Convention Center
- 7:00 PM Jefferson-Jackson Dinner Begins; Keynote Speaker: The Honorable Martin O’Malley; Richmond Convention Center
- 10 PM – 1 AM JJ After Dark with Live Entertainment; (Free with JJ Ticket/Table Sponsorships); Richmond Marriott Hotel, 500 East Broad Street
Guests attending the 2011 Jefferson-Jackson Dinner have several options available to them for hotels while they are in town.
The official DPVA room block for Friday and Saturday nights will be at the Richmond Marriott (500 East Broad Street, (804) 643-3400) adjacent to the Greater Richmond Convention Center. Please call the hotel directly for reservations and mention that you are with the Democratic Party of Virginia to get the special rate of $109/night by 5:00 pm, Friday, January 28.
Other hotels accessible by foot or complimentary shuttle service:
- Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Downtown, 501 East Broad Street, (804) 344-4300
- The Jefferson Hotel, 101 West Franklin Street, (804) 788-8000
- Doubletree Hotel Richmond Downtown, 301 West Franklin Street, (804) 644-9871
- Linden Row Inn, 100 East Franklin Street, (804) 783-7000
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Richmond Downtown, 555 East Canal Street, (804) 788-0900
The Fairfax County Democratic Committee invites you to “Camelot Revisited, A Blue Jean Ball” in honor of the 50th Anniversary of the Kennedy-Johnson Inaugural.
January 22, 2011 7 pm – midnight
Northern Virginia Community College, Richard J. Ernst Community Cultural Center, 8333 Little River Turnpike, Annandale, VA 22003; map, click here.
We had such a great time in ‘09, we decided to do it again! Music, dancing, food and drinks. Dress code – whatever makes you happy!
Individual Tickets $75, includes two drink tickets. To purchase tickets online, click here. For more information about sponsoring the event, email@example.com.