- What: Falls Church Memorial Day Parade and Voter Registration Booth
- When: May 28 (beginning at 9am)
- Where: Grounds of City Hall, 300 Park Avenue, at the intersection of Park and Little Falls Street.
There will be food, amusement rides, pony rides, live entertainment, and booths for arts and crafts, businesses and civic organizations, and us doing voter registration! There will also be tours of the historic, 163-year-old Cherry Hill Farmhouse between 10 and 2 pm and a veterans’ ceremony at our Veterans Memorial in front of the community center at 11 am.
Volunteers Needed for two separate activities: 1) parade, and 2) festival.
PARADE: Let’s show our pride and enthusiasm in re-electing President Obama. We will have a group marching in the parade. It should be a lot of fun! We encourage bringing kids and pets. And, BE SURE to wear your Obama gear if you have it: t-shirts, buttons, hats, or anything else you may have.
- When: The parade starts at 2 pm and we must be fully assembled by 1:30 pm.
- Where: At the intersection of Great Falls Street and Lincoln Avenue.
FESTIVAL: We will have a booth during the festival from 9am – 5pm. Our booth location is E-101, which is on Park Avenue at the very edge of the City Hall Grounds.
- When: We need folks to staff the booth for voter registration during the following shifts:
- Shift 1: 9 am to 11 am
- Shift 2: 10 am to Noon
- Shift 3: 11 am to 1 pm
- Shift 4: Noon to 2 pm
- Shift 5: 2 to 4 pm (note: this will be during the parade)
- Where: Our booth location is E-101, which is on Park Avenue at the very edge of the City Hall Grounds.
Let’s show everyone that we are FIRED UP AND READY TO GO! Reply to Kim Smith at email@example.com.