Kennedy-King Dinner 2016
The 23rd Annual Kennedy-King Dinner
Honoring the Legacies of Sen. Robert Kennedy and Dr. Martin Luther King and Bringing Democrats together from Northern Virginia and from around the Commonwealth
Featuring our Governor Terry McAuliffe
and our Congressman Don Beyer
Additional Special Guests and Speakers to be Announced
“Some men see things as they are and ask why? I see things that never were and ask why not?” Robert Kennedy’s words, spoken in hope, mirror those spoken by Martin Luther King, Jr. at the Lincoln Memorial when he shared his dream with the world in 1963.
The annual Virginia Kennedy-King dinner, sponsored by the Eighth Congressional District Democratic Committee, celebrates Robert Kennedy’s and Martin Luther King, Jr.’s vision. It is an event to honor those Virginians who strive to make the hopes and dreams of these two great leaders a reality. It is a time to reflect on how both of these men continue to touch our lives as Democrats and live in our hearts as Virginians. The monies raised by the event go towards our effort to support Virginia’s Democrats.
- returning to our 2015 location
Doubletree by Hilton Crystal City (300 Army Navy Drive, Arlington, VA 22202; map and directions click here)
- Thursday, October 20, 2016
- 6:30 pm Reception, 7:30 pm Dinner business attire, cash bar
Charley Conrad, Dan Steen, Peg Willingham, Dinner Co-Chairs
The Members of Virginia’s 8th CD Democratic Committee
Cordially Invite You to Attend Virginia’s Twenty-Third Annual Kennedy-King Dinner
- Online (preferred), click here. The event is “green” again this year – online registration and payment are encouraged.
- $125 per person ($100 for YD’s or seniors); other contribution levels appreciated: $160 Benefactor; $200 Sponsor; Patron $250; $1250 Table (10 seats per table); $1600 Benefactor Table (10 seats per table); $2000 Sponsor Table (10 seats per table); $2500 Patron Table (10 seats per table)
- By check – download flyer, click here, mail completed reservation form with your check (deadline for receipt of mail-in reservations Monday, October 17th).
- For more information contact Charley Conrad at firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 835-6614 or Dan Steen at email@example.com or (202) 256-0217.
Congressman Beyer is appearing at this event only as a special guest. Congressman Beyer is not asking for funds or donations.
Individuals may contribute a combined limit of $10,000 to all state, district and local party committees per calendar year. PACs may contribute a combined limit of $5,000 to all state, district and local party committees per calendar year. Contributions from unions, corporations, national banks, federal government contractors and foreign nationals not admitted for permanent residence are prohibited. Federal law requires EDDC to use its best efforts to collect and report the name, address, occupation, and employer for individuals who contribute $200 or more in a calendar year. Contributions are not tax deductible for federal income tax purposes.
Paid for by the Virginia 8th Congressional District Democratic Committee, www.va8thcddems.org.