The deadline for Candidate Certification with the State Board of Elections is April 14th and all three Northern Virginia Congressional races, in the 8th, 10th and 11th Districts will be unopposed, meaning that there are no primary races required for the candidates. This tremendous advantage helps the Democrats in these Districts focus their energies entirely on the General Election November 2nd this year.
- 8th CD — James P. Moran, Jr. (incumbent)
- The one person considering a bid against Congressman Moran, Ronald Mitchell, did not qualify for certification (less than 1,000 petition signatures from qualified voters in the 8th CD).
- 10th CD — Jeff Barnett
- Richard Anthony dropped out to have back surgery, leaving Jeff Barnett unopposed.
- 11th CD — Gerry Connolly (incumbent)
- No candidate filed to run against Congressman Connolly.