Hello everyone! This Saturday, July 28th, is a very important day for two reasons:
1. It marks 100 days until the Election on Tuesday, Nov. 6th.
2. It is a National Day of Action.
At the beginning of Q2, way back in April, I set a goal of having 7 Neighborhood Team Leaders in place by the end of June. I am very happy to report that we made that goal! We have six Neighborhood Teams in Mason District and one in the City of Falls Church. In addition, we have one of the strongest Voter Registration teams in the State! And, we have an awesome and growing Office Team to manage the largest office in the Commonwealth.
Every day we are inviting neighbors and friends to join our teams. Every Saturday and Sunday we are registering voters and knocking on doors to persuade reluctant voters to vote for and re-elect President Obama. Every day our teams get bigger and stronger. And, that’s where you come in!
We need you to be involved now! Don’t wait until later in the summer or the fall. Again, this Saturday marks only 100 days until Election Day. We need 8 more teams to be in place by Labor Day.
Upcoming Volunteer Events
1. THURSDAY, JULY 26, 7:30p-8:30p: Mason Team Meeting, at the OFA-VA Falls Church office, Loehmann’s Plaza, 7285 Arlington Blvd. , 22042. Join us to learn how to get involved with your Neighborhood Team and learn the issues we are addressing with voters.
2. SATURDAY, JULY 28: National Day of Action. We need to canvass 100s of doors and register 100s of voters. There are multiple locations throughout Mason District and the City of Falls Church. There are four shifts: Shift 1: 10a – 12p Shift 2: 12p – 2p Shift 3: 2p – 4p Shift 4: 4p – 6p
Sign-up to Register Voters: https://my. barackobama. com/page/event/detail/voterregistrationweekendofaction/gpyfmp
Sign-Up to Canvass: https://my. barackobama. com/page/event/detail/canvass/gpyffp
3. THURSDAY, AUGUST 2, 7:30p-8:30p: City of Falls Church Team Meeting (Location TBD)
4. THURSDAY, AUGUST 9, 7p – 9p, Neighborhood Team Leader and Core Team Member Training, at the OFA-VA Falls Church office, Loehmann’s Plaza, 7285 Arlington Blvd. , 22042. Please reply to this email if you would like to attend this training, or you may call me at 703-303-0867.
5. SATURDAY, AUGUST 11, 11a – 12:30p, Greeter Training, at the OFA-VA Falls Church office, Loehmann’s Plaza, 7285 Arlington Blvd, 22042. Greeters are the face of the campaign. They are the first impression people have when they come into the office. Come and learn the systems and processes that are in place for each OFA-VA office in Fairfax County. Please reply to this email if you would like to attend, or you may call me at 703-303-0867.
6. . SUNDAY, AUGUST 12, 3p: Mason & Falls Church Party for volunteers who have completed two or more shifts. There will be music. We ask that you bring something to share. The party will be held in Lake Barcroft.
Weekly Volunteer Training At The OFA-VA Falls Church Office
Mondays 6:30p – Volunteer Outreach Training – Training followed by 1 hour of calls.
Tuesdays 6:30p – Data Entry Training – Training followed by 1 hour of data entry.
Wednesdays 6:30p – Voter Outreach Training – Training followed by 1 hour of calls.
Saturdays 10:00a – Canvassing for New & Experienced
10:00a – Training on the Issues
10:30a – Experienced Canvassers will leave for canvassing
New Canvassers will stay and train on canvassing basics, including tips & techniques
11:00a – New Canvassers will leave in pairs for canvassing