Donate goods and postage to send overseas.
Dan Duckwitz worked a full-time, internship at the Fairfax County Democratic Committee in the summer of 2007, and now serves in Afghanistan with the 374th Financial Management Company. The items listed below have been identified by Dan’s company as difficult to obtain through available channels. In addition to these items below, we request contributions for postage.
Afghanistan Troops’ Wish List
- Peanuts, Almonds in single serving sizes
- Beef Jerky, Slim Jims
- Candy, Gum, Tic-Tacs, Life Savers, mints (nothing that will melt)
- Popcorn (microwavable packages)
- Powdered drinks (such as crystal light, propel etc.)
- Coffee (ground) and Tea Bags
- White socks with no logos for physical training
- Personal Hygiene items and Toiletries for both men and women
- Books, magazines, and DVDs (entertainment items)
- Also the sand colored t-shirts sold at PX facilities state side are impossible to get in Afghanistan. They can use some medium, mostly large, and a few X-large sizes in these t-shirts.
Please deliver your donations to:
- Bring them to the Crab Feast on September 11th, and/or
- Fairfax County Democratic Committee (2815 Hartland Road, Suite 110, Falls Church VA 22043; map: http://bit.ly/FCDC-HQ) or to a collection site at Democratic Party events in Fairfax County.
Your support is greatly appreciated!